Re: [ontolog-forum] {Disarmed} Reality and Truth

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 16:46:24 -0500
> There was a very good review of "The God Delusion" in either the
> New York Review of Books or the London Review of Books in the last
> several months. It points out a number of errors and positions not
> considered by Dawkins that are "hidden" in the professional
> literature of theology.    (01)

Dawkins' book is very entertaining, not least because it is rather
spectacularly naive, philosophically.  Like many scientists who
become Big Thinkers, he does philosophy about as well as most
philosophers do biology.    (02)

I haven't yet read Christopher Hitchens' "God is Not Great: How
Religion Poisons Everything", but, whatever you think of his
politics, he is exceptionally sharp and I suspect his book will be
far more cogent than Dawkins' embarrassing polemic.    (03)

-chris    (04)