[uom-ontology-std] UoM ontology standard - a proposed program of work

To: "uom-ontology-std" <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rijgersberg, Hajo" <Hajo.Rijgersberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:58:25 +0200
Pat Hayes brought to my attention that my emails are unreadable.
Herewith I try sending them in plain text. Pat, thanks. Hajo    (01)

Dear all,    (02)

First of all my apologies for the accidental mail to the discussion
group. It was intended for my colleague.
In the past few years, we have analyzed existing ontologies of units of
measure and constructed a new one. We based the new design on official
documents such as NIST publications. We are finalizing a paper about
this right now. I'm planning to send the paper around in the discussion
group tomorrow. The paper also reports on a number of applications of
the new ontology.
Please find attached this new ontology. Hopefully it will be a help in
reaching your objectives.    (03)

Regards, Hajo    (04)

<<winmail.dat>>