Re: [uom-ontology-std] UoM ontology standard - a proposed program of wor

To: david.price@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ed Barkmeyer <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:15:54 -0400
David Price wrote:    (01)

> Are we to the point yet where a "final" draft of the proposed program or
> work can be circulated that addresses the email discussion points?    (02)

No.  We are promised input from John Sowa, and we have heard nothing yet
from Frank Olken and Howard Mason, who were principals in getting this
activity organized, as I understood it.  I think we should certainly see
something that resembles "consensus among the leadership", and we don't
know that we have that yet.    (03)

> My one comment : If we can agree to your proposal and use CLIF, OWL and
> informative UML diagrams, then why do we need a language selection
> committee?    (04)

If WE can agree, then of course that action is completed.  My intent of
the "language selection committee" is exactly the self-appointed "WE"
that comes to that agreement.  I don't know what impact those choices
have on the intentions of other participants.  I suggested them because
they are standards, and even then they are not the only choices.    (05)

-Ed    (06)

Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8263                FAX: +1 301-975-4694    (07)

  and have not been reviewed by any Government authority."    (08)