Re: [uom-ontology-std] UoM ontology standard - a proposed program of wor

To: "'uom-ontology-std'" <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Matthew West <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:52:02 +0100
Dear Mike,    (01)

> That sounds great. Can you generate it from the output of a UML model?    (02)

[MW] Probably not. I create them in PowerPoint (or your favourite drawing
package - they all do boxes and arrows) as part of the requirements capture
process.    (03)

> How does it compare with what I've done at
> www.hypercube.co.uk/edmcouncil which aims to fulfil that exact same
> requirement from within UML but is by no means perfect?    (04)

[MW] If I compare it to UML (any form) it is simpler and easier to
understand, but does not contain much detail (not much - if anything - in
the way of rules). You would add these just as text.    (05)

Regards    (06)

Matthew West
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (07)