Re: [oor-forum] Requirements for Open Ontology Repository

To: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Graybeal <graybeal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 01:03:50 +0100
I think providing prioritization in the requirements would be very helpful --
is that viable?    (01)

For me some of these are quite far down the priority list, so I don't want to
burn too many cycles on them yet.    (02)

For example, the coming community modes of Protege (and existing ones of
SWOOP?) should be considered before too much community smarts gets built into
the repository, IMHO.    (03)

Similarly, I'll be strongly hoping for basic functionality before we go very
deep into mirroring/layering of servers.  The latter could be exhausting.    (04)

Good to have in the list, though.    (05)

John    (06)

John Graybeal   <mailto:graybeal@xxxxxxxxx>  -- 831-775-1956
Marine Metadata Initiative: http://marinemetadata.org   ||  Shore Side Data
System: http://www.mbari.org/ssds    (08)