Re: [ontology-summit] Schema.org and COSMO

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:14:44 -0500
I have no problem with this.

The main thing is that now you can process a web page and reliably extract the model or information and use it for your own purposes.

It means that web application designers can develop a single output document that is engaging for humans while still being understood accurately by machines.

This means that ontologists now can build systems that have free access to current information (static or transactions) without having to build a data extraction sub-project into their projects and waiting for IT to modify business systems.

This also brings ontology languages and tools into the mainstream of IT.

Ron