Re: [ontology-summit] Schema.org and COSMO

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:03:31 -0500
On 2/12/14 11:49 AM, Patrick Cassidy wrote:
  I would like to get access to a functioning system that uses schema.org so
that I can see  **how** it is actually used (in all the gory detail) and
therefore how it might be improved.   The fact that Google uses it doesn't
provide me with any *measure* of its utility.

I did mean to imply that "Google is using it" as the yardstick for usage. I was trying to say: a majority of Web publishers are using Schema.org terms as the basis for constructing and publishing structured data, using Microdata based structured data islands embedded in HTML documents. It's practically everywhere as an emerging alternative to "blackhat seo" patterns.

   Do you know who actually controls application using it, so that we can
contact those persons directly?

Anyone that's published structured data using the pattern described above :-) Take a look at the hashtag #Microdata on Twitter, you should see a lot of links to documents from various publishers that are doing what I've just described.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO