Re: [ontology-summit] Schema.org and COSMO

To: Ontology Summit 2014 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 14:03:11 -0500
At the Ontology Summit Track D Variety, there was a slide or 2 on Schema.org use in the national Snow and Ice data Community.

See slides 24-25

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.
NSF INTEROP Project
SOCoP Executive Secretary
Knowledge Strategies
Potomac, MD
240-426-0770

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Patrick Cassidy <pat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kingsley,
   On the issue of where schema.org is used:

[KI] >Schema.org terms are extensively used right now, and the growth has
long
 >past the point of critical mass in regards to the World Wide Web [1][2].

  I would like to get access to a functioning system that uses schema.org so
that I can see  **how** it is actually used (in all the gory detail) and
therefore how it might be improved.   The fact that Google uses it doesn't
provide me with any *measure* of its utility.

   Do you know who actually controls application using it, so that we can
contact those persons directly?

Pat

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA Inc.