Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology driven Data Integration using owl:equival

To: Ontology Summit 2014 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Uri Shani <SHANI@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:26:30 +0200
Thanks Andrea for your response.
Clearly a more elaborate solution will make more sense. So for the ontology O managing only the concept of o:Organization we will mediate the corresponding concepts from the two other ontologies since it is a common concept, even though having different roles. The elaboration would be the additional ontological conditions for identifying what is an organization in each of these ontologies, and their properties so that O will end up with the proper data from both. Note that with "both" I mean the union of O1 and O2 of my earlier entry in this thread.

It would be a challenge that can even be considered an initial benchmark to compare approaches to this problem:
CHALLENGE: Given two RDF databases, each having a different governing ontology for its semantics, having some concept of an "Organization". Task is to extract from them the list of all organizations, with some important agreed properties. Lets work with the data-sets that Kingsley started out with.
EVALUATION: The criteria of success would be: A. level of correctness of the results, B. level of completeness of the results, C. performance of the solution, say execution time.
Per challenge C, I would factor out the network communication overhead.

Regards,

Uri Shani, PhD
Research Staff Member
SPRINT(lead), DANSE (lead) Projects

Phone: 972-4-829-6282 | Phone: 972-4-8296282 | Mobile: 972-54-697-6282
E-mail:
SHANI@xxxxxxxxxx
Find me on:
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/urishani Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/uri.shani