Re: [ontology-summit] System Components

To: "Ontology Summit 2012 discussion" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 16:57:55 -0500
> Yes. Let´s take the prime minister of Italy    (01)

I agree with the following analysis of the Prime Minister of Italy,
until the last paragraph:
:>Now, there seems to be yet another entity, the perspectile “Prime Minister
:> of Italy” which is the concrete individual which is composed of all the
:> qua entities of people which played that role. ...    (02)

I'm not sure what use the modeling of such an entity would be -- but i
accept that such a thing could be modeled.  I don't think it is a semantic
concept that would be useful or that most people would consider --
and those who tried to consider it would likely make logical fallacies.
Would you expect them to come up with the right answer if asked
the age of the "perspectile Prime Minister of Italy" (even if they knew
what "perspectile" meant?    (03)

-- doug    (04)