Re: [ontology-summit] Quality, Big Data, Usability

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 17:50:25 +0000
On 04/02/2012 05:29, John F. Sowa wrote:
> Does anyone know whether it had any useful effects?
Looking at some of the firms who had presented case studies, I'm
sure I did see these referenced again at some point in the year,
though I can't swear to it. I've certainly seen references, in
other conversations, to applications that were presented at the
Summit.    (01)

Of course there is no sure way of quantifying influence. On the
other hand, it's all those unmeasurable, small influences that
contribute to the broader ongoing conversations. Certainly many
of those who presented their studies last year are bringing in
more work. I know because we are working with one or two of them,
though I expect we would have been anyway.    (02)

So I'm not sure what sort of effects you are looking for or how
you propose they be measured, but I would be happy to say there
were effects.    (03)

Mike    (04)

--
Mike Bennett