Re: [ontology-summit] System Components

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Ring <jring7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 06:07:22 -0700
Matt,
Apologies for not asking a clear question. It seemed to me that "as realized"
implied a different actor/viewpoint than did "as expressed" whereas the
parallelism of 'as expressed' was important in order to emphasize that the
operation was the same even though the operands were different. I was not
suggesting that your phrasing was erroneous or misleading, only wondering why
the switch because parsimony suffers with every new term introduced.     (01)

This may be right on the system component topic. If an ontology fits the
defintion of system then the modularization of an ontology becomes a systems
architecting concern and an infrastructure that enables interoperability of the
'chunks' becomes key.I think this means that ontology design involved both
general semantics theory and general systems theory.    (02)

Maybe?    (03)

On Jan 31, 2012, at 12:18 AM, Matthew K. Hettinger wrote:    (04)