Re: [ontology-summit] Track on Cyc?

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Park <jackpark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:01:23 -0800
Amanda's suggestion lives in the spirit of a Bohmian Dialogue,
described by David Bohm in his book On Dialogue. The spirit has it
that all agendas are "checked at the door", that the conversation is
about information transfer in a congenial way.    (01)

In general, a Bohmian dialogue is used to set the stage for a later
agenda-laden conversation, where the participants first get to know
each other and talk about what they bring to the table without
advertising agendas. Real information transfer can take place in such
a non-adversarial environment.    (02)

Jack    (03)