Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2011: Communique draft review sess

To: Michael F Uschold <uschold@xxxxxxxxx>, Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Simon Robe <simonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 08:45:20 -0700
> [MU]  SIRI has been proposed.  I would love for this to be our example,
> but I am doubtful that it meets most of these criteria. They don't talk
> much about the technology, so we have no idea if they used
> an ontology or how.    (01)

[ppy]  Tom Gruber and Adam Cheyer actually let us under the hood
(right after they official launched the product, and shortly before
the Apple acquisition), providing details about the ontologies they
used (and for those who were at the session that day), and even showed
us their system architecture.    (02)

See: "Siri: An Ontology-driven Application for the Masses" -
AdamCheyer & TomGruber -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2010_02_25    (03)

Regards.  =ppy