Re: [ontology-summit] [Making the Case] Barriers to adoption of ontologi

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Ring <jring7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:22:52 -0700
I think Leo said it quite well.
I am nudging along a working group in the early stage of evolving a map of
concepts involved in system, system of systems, scientific method, system
engineering, engineering of systems and system of systems operational readiness
assessment. These maps will be converted to formal ontologies.
In hopes of avoiding the metadata wars I am emphasizing "nyms" for each entity
and relationship in the concept maps. This, of course, could lead to a very
large construct but perhaps the challenge to "nym" their respective favorite
terms and labels will suppress their ardor for being 'right.'
Jack Ring
On Feb 28, 2011, at 6:32 AM, Wisnosky, Dennis E OSD DCMO wrote:    (01)