Re: [ontology-summit] [Making the Case] Barriers to adoption of ontologi

To: Ontology Summit <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:43:53 -0500
I'd like to return to Joanne's point about flexibility, but
not with the approach discussed by Toby Segaran.    (01)

Following is a note I sent to Ontolog Forum, in which I discussed
another publication by the folks that brought us Watson.    (02)

Watson and systems like it are far more flexible than the currently
popular ontology tools, and there are enough publications to show
how they have found a better way.    (03)

There is nothing wrong with having some success stories about OWL
and related tools.  But the unstructured methods used with LOD
are the real growth path for ontology.  Watson is just one example,
but there are others that show great promise for the future.    (04)

John    (05)