Re: [ontology-summit] Data Quality - Was: Invitation to a brainstorming

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Dagobert Soergel <dsoergel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:43:52 -0500
Attached the sections on quality from the
Digital  Library Reference Model.  This might be helpful    (01)

DS    (02)

At 1/25/2011 10:45 AM, Matthew West wrote:
>Dear Azamat,
>
>Thanks for the plug.
>
>The diagram I have used in my book "Developing
>High Quality Data Models" published by Morgan
>Kaufmann, ISBN: 978-0-12-375106-5 is in the
>attached pdf (P2). You will see it is not so
>different from the original, and is annotated
>with the ways that data models contribute to information quality.
>
>I do not attempt to catalogue all properties of
>information, just those I have found in practice
>most often to have been critical.
>
>Regards
>
>Matthew West
>Information  Junction
>Tel: +44 560 302 3685
>Mobile: +44 750 3385279
>Skype: dr.matthew.west
>matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
>http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/
>
>This email originates from Information Junction
>Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 6632177.
>Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way,
>Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.

Dagobert Soergel
Professor and Chair
Department of Library and Information Studies
Graduate School of Education
University at Buffalo
534 Baldy Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-1020;
Professor Emeritus, Information Studies, University of Maryland
Office:  716-645-1474;  Fax 716 645-3775
Home:  703-823-2840;  Fax: 703-823-6427
Mobile: 703-585-2840
dsoergel@xxxxxxxxxxx     www.dsoergel.com
For appointments please contact "Barbara
Routhier" <dscal@xxxxxxxxxxx> 716-645-1477     (04)