Re: [ontology-summit] Communique Summary - Revisions

To: Ontology Summit 2010 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Fabian Neuhaus <fneuhaus@xxxxxxxx>
From: "BEDFORD, DENISE A.D." <dbedfor3@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 09:18:06 -0400
Todd,    (01)

I have just one small suggestion to make.  In Item 2 below, my suggestion is to
change the wording from     (02)

"There are very few training opportunities for ontologists." to "There are very
few formal educational opportunities for ontologists."      (03)

This may seem like a small point, but my sense is that we are trying to
establish a more formal, credentialed environment for learning these skills.
The term "training" typically conveys something  little different - anyone can
teach, don't need oversight, organizations can offer independently and you may
earn a 'certificate' that has little value in the field.  I may be overly
sensitive to this point so please feel free to disregard my suggestion.    (04)

Best regards,
Denise      (05)