Re: [ontology-summit] [Fwd: Re: Progressing a Units Ontology -virtual se

To: Ontology Summit 2009 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Leal <david.leal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 15:01:20 +0100
Dear Nicola,    (01)

I agree.    (02)

Perhaps the best way to start would be for one of the NIST experts, perhaps
Ed Barkmeyer, to propose an initial ontology of a few high level objects and
relationships taken from clause 1 of "International vocabulary of metrology
— Basic and general concepts and associated terms (VIM)"
(http://www.bipm.org/utils/common/documents/jcgm/JCGM_200_2008.pdf). This
could then be reviewed and extended.    (03)

Best regards,
David    (04)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2009_Symposium#nid1VUV