Re: [ontology-summit] Ontolog IPR issues

To: "John Bateman" <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2008 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:09:53 -0400

> >  To be able to secure some IPR is a pre-requisite to secure EU
> > funding, as it grants the opportunity of spin offs,
> >

>  You mean, is "desirable when securing", I presume, not "pre-requisite
>  to secure" (or "is a pre-requisite for me / my company when securing").
> This is
>  fine, but you won't get much of an EU project on the basis of that
>  wiki-page. Nor on the basis of claiming IPR on the term 'open
>  ontology'. So I'm missing something, clearly.
>    (01)

I think we are all missin somethin here John, but I am not the one
trying to capitalize
on the discourse

>    (02)

> >  (so what you read on the
> > wiki is a partial draft of a topic I developed elsewhere)
> >

>  could you send the reference? Then I could cite it (and criticise it
>  of course :-).
>    (03)

John, I recently googled 'open ontology paola di maio' and something
came up, but not everything. There is a lenghtier piece 'toward open
ontology' on content-wire.com, and a couple of pieces embedded in
other work that I cannot freely distribute cause I am under nda    (04)

Thanks for your interest in my contribution, I will forward you any
additional references ou may require if the ones that you find from
keyword search from this list, and from publicly available lists and
sources on the web    (05)

I think I may have also posted to w3c list but I would have to check,
maybe you can do so directly    (06)

Look forward to criticism of my input, and development of the subject
area, and a clear
explanations as needed if  new research areas are being develped off
this list (why, how etc)    (07)

thanks    (08)

pdm    (09)

>  John B.