Re: [ontology-summit] [Quality] What means

To: "'Ontology Summit 2008'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Benson" <Peter.Benson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:34:38 -0400
All:
Perhaps I should put my comment on the concept of "truth" into context.
There are many that consider truth and reality to be very relative and
tenuous concepts, I include myself in this group (having been educated by
the Jesuits in France only to spend the best part of forty years working
with the Tibetans you can probably forgive me). I consider myself to be a
logical scientist at heart and I know that physical and mathematical "laws"
are critical to predicting outcomes but I draw the line at asserting that I
or anyone else can ever be sure of what is the "truth"; hey we may all just
be a figment of each others imagination. I do enjoy the discussion though
and this is obviously a fascinating group (any one who can quote Aristotle
definitely has my attention - we used to distribute Edghill's translation of
Aristotle's Categories, required reading for all ontologists).    (01)

Regards,    (02)

Peter Benson    (03)