Re: [ontology-summit] [Quality] What means

To: "Ontology Summit 2008" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:59:03 -0600

John     (01)

Are we confusing abstract concept such as
"Truth"
with "laws of physics" (relative, from Newton to Einstein to Hawking)
and
"forces of life and knowledge" that either we acquire or are born with?    (02)

The closest the meta-physicists and philosophers in some cultures have
come to realize "Truth" is by what they call "Self Knowledge". Hence, it
is "relative" for them.    (03)

In common parlance "Truth" is
-reasonably independently verifiable by multiple people, is relative to
time space and context and usually repeatable. But really no two
instances of verification or measurement are identical, only
approximately identical as the universe is changing every moment.    (04)

If we consider stochastic and non-deterministic processes, this even
becomes more relevant!    (05)

PS: I do not have training in Wiki-collaborations so my Quotes are meant
to be the usual meaning in English language and not any other
indication.    (06)

Thanks.
Ravi    (07)

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect    (08)

Vangent, Inc. Technology Excellence Center (TEC)    (09)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, (c) 313-204-1740 www.vangent.com    (010)

Professional viewpoints do not necessarily imply organizational
endorsement.    (011)