Re: [ontology-summit] [Quality] What means

To: "'Ontology Summit 2008'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Benson" <Peter.Benson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:45:44 -0400
John,
While truth is a challenging concept that has and will continue to be
debated by philosophers probably forever, we can and do as you say make
approximations and many would dispute even this. The point I was trying to
make is that we do not need to use the concept of truth to function. Courts
function of the principle of "reasonable doubt" and lasers are succesfully
used in construction.
I enjoy the challenge of the purity of the agrument but I am constantly
trying to find its application in the real world. Unfortunantly it is rarely
a smouth process and most often a period of unyielding frustration
occasionally broken by glimses of enlightenment.
Peter     (01)