Re: [ontolog-forum] Paraconsistent Logic

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 12:41:08 -0700
Thanks Leo and John,    (01)

The phrase "Labeled Deductive Systems" sounds very
interesting, but the Gabbay book costs $50 used.
PDFs I found covered the topic but only in the
math, nothing intuitive in the way of explaining
the what how and why of labeled deductive systems.    (02)

There seems to be a dual system in play, one
called the Labels and the other the deduction
rules.  That reminds me of the Link Grammar
Parser, which applies at least two layers of
labels to its syntax rules and matches the labels
against other labels stored as properties of the
language's vocabulary.      (03)

So with only the LGP as the exemplar, can anyone
shed some more light on why how and what you would
use a labeled deductive system for?    (04)

-Rich    (05)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com