Re: [ontolog-forum] Paraconsistent Logic

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 19:09:07 +0000
John,    (01)

RE: combining logics, you might also look at Labelled Deduction, which when
pushed into the object language is a so-called "Hybrid Logic" [1-4], i.e., an
extended modal logic.    (02)

One might even consider IKL similar to a hybrid logic, I guess, as Pat Hayes
suggests [5].    (03)

[1] Gabbay, Dov. 1996. Labelled Deductive Systems; Principles and Applications.
Vol 1: Introduction. Oxford University Press.    (04)

[2] Blackburn, Patrick. 1999. Internalizing Labelled Deduction. In Proceedings
of Hylo'99, First International Workshop on Hybrid Logics. July 13th, 1999,
Saarbrücken, Germany. Published in Journal of Logic and Computation, 2000
10(1):137-168.    (05)

[3] Hybrid Logic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_logic.     (06)

[4] Hybrid Logic. http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-hybrid/.     (07)

[5] Hayes, Pat.  Contexts and modalities in IKL.
http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/IKL/GUIDE/GUIDE.html#ContextsModalities.     (08)