Re: [ontolog-forum] Requesting Opinions on the Benefits of Predicates as

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhmccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 08:25:06 -0700
John

I found your "Laws, Facts, and Contexts" to be very stimulating.
It goes well beyond your 2000 book, which I have read.

It caused me to think again about the invention of mKR.
I conceived mKR as a language to represent facts,
which combined McCarthy's "ist" with Devlin's "situation"
in the form
            at context { proposition };
where context consists of space, time, view.
view corresponds to McCarthy's context.
space,time correspond to aspects of Devlin's situations.
space,time are necessary to describe action/events
which describe change.

Modal concepts correspond to human mental actions.
When a fact involves a human subject and one of
these "kaction" concepts
          think, know, believe, want, intend, feel
          say, ask
the object of the kaction is automatically recorded in
a new context with
          view = kaction_subject

Dick McCullough
Context Knowledge Systems