Re: [ontolog-forum] Requesting Opinions on the Benefits of Predicates as

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Frank Guerino <Frank.Guerino@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 14:04:49 -0400
Hi Phil,

You wrote: "Will a predicate C be able to link two nodes A and B that may themselves be predicates?"

I can't see (and maybe it's just because I haven't come across a tangible example) where a Predicate can cleanly link two other Predicates together.

As of now, we follow a simple rule that uses basic sentence structure to validate the integrity of the Relationship.  The sentence structure is:

SENTENCE:  "Instance of Subject (or Source) Node" is related as a/an "Predicate/Descriptor" to, of, or for "Instance of Object (or Target) Node".

You can see this in an example the example of the Semantic Relationships for this Application: http://nounz.if4it.com/Nouns/Applications/A_Application_13.SemanticRelationships.html

If you try to use a sentence structure as the validation constraint for the binding of a Source Predicate to a Target Predicate through a Binding/Descriptive Predicate, it becomes hard to create a readable/meaningful sentence.

Would you have any clear examples to prove otherwise?  I'd be very interested in learning about them.

Thanks,

Frank

--
Frank Guerino, Chairman
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)

Will a predicate C be able to link two nodes A and B that may themselves be predicates?

It seems like this would be another useful side-effect of making predicates first-class citizens...