Re: [ontolog-forum] What the difference re., Data Dictionary, Ontology,

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John McClure <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 14:56:08 -0800
Thanks for the link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Zachman_Framework_Detailed.jpg. What do you think of the six headings (who, what, why, when, how, where) as the most base classes in a one's ontology?  Personally I've been enamored by that approach for a long time. There are a few others (which, how much) that I believe are equally valid, but the utility of this general approach has been very appealing to me. Thanks for your thoughts about this./jmc