Re: [ontolog-forum] What the difference re., Data Dictionary, Ontology,

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: matthew lange <mclange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:41:43 -0800
There was talk on the onto-summit list of building a metaontology--or ontology of ontologies. I think what is perhaps more potentially useful would be an ontology of data, information, knowledge; artifacts, uses, relations and attributes...
Perhaps we could reassess the all of the elements, if for nothing else than to derive a better acronym. Would there be interest in taking definitions from this discussion and moving in the direction of developing such a resource...or would we be recreating the wheel?