Re: [ontolog-forum] LInked Data meme revisited

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:17:08 -0500
On 12/13/13 1:11 PM, John F Sowa wrote:
> KI
>> >I am trying to demystify Linked Data. Basically, I've always believed
>> >that its underlying principles can be explained in a variety of ways.
> I agree.
>
> Tweets, hashtags, and folksonomies are also useful for many purposes.
> I don't want to defend or criticize them.  I'm sure that there will be
> many, many new systems that people will invent in the next 20 years.    (01)

Coincidentally, I've had a few conversations of late about how "@" based
handles and "#" based tags (hashtags) are examples of the World Wide Web
evolving into a more semantically interlinked Web by way of natural
end-user activity [1].    (02)

@handles (e.g., @kidehen) is a social media space specific identifier
that denotes an agent.    (03)

#LinkedData is a social media space specific identifier that denotes a
topic.    (04)

Bearing in mind the fact that each Web based social media space
operators maps these identifiers to HTTP URIs, the net effect is
basically Linked Data. This kind of Linked Data can easily be
transformed into RDF model based Linked Data :-)    (05)

Note: I am even able to embed Turtle within posts across: Facebook,
LinkedIn, Twitter, Mailing Lists, etc.. Basically, I can make digital
sentences (using Turtle notation) from @ (or +) base handles and
hashtags that are then transformed into RDF based Linked Data [2].    (06)

Links:    (07)

[1] https://twitter.com/kidehen/status/411182823710932992 -- TweetData
(Data in a Tweet) example    (08)

[2]