Re: [ontolog-forum] Amazon vs. IBM: Big Blue meets match in battle for t

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:01:13 +0200

Hello David,    (01)

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 04:12:30PM -0400, David Eddy wrote:
> Are you proposing that some form of "automated reasoning" is going to
>discover the association between M0760 and MENSA-FL?    (02)

If the association is implicit in what you already have, yes.    (03)

If not, generalization in the form of machine learning may provide hints.    (04)

Are you refering to a specific example with those labels or are M0760 and
MENSA-FL just arbitrary ?    (05)

> To the best of my knowledge (in retrospect I've been watching this domain
>since the early 1960s) various language efforts are ALL focused on "natural"
>human language.
>
> The context here is legacy systems where "natural" human language is a very
>scarce element.  In what domain of human language is the meaning of M0760 or
>MENSA-FL found?    (06)

I don't understand what you want to say. All forms of discovery i mentioned
are formal and do not use natural language.    (07)

Regards,    (08)

Michael Brunnbauer    (09)

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer