Re: [ontolog-forum] Amazon vs. IBM: Big Blue meets match in battle for t

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ray Martin <marsaviator@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:16:20 -0400
Dr. Sowa,    (01)

Your original email discussed an award from a government organization (CIA, an
intelligence community  org). Some of the largest businesses supporting the
intelligence and DoD communities are such like Lockheed Martin, Raytheon,
Northrop, etc.  All of these companies are very involved in Semantic Web
technologies in support of their customers, research, and looking for avenues
of application.    (02)

My opinion of why SW does not yet have a greater presence is: mind sets and
paradigm shifts.    (03)

Also, take this with the graciousness for which it is intended - but, SW in the
past decade has been more about academe chest thumping than establishing
foundations on which to leverage. The Ontolog persons and forums will turn this
around in the near future (my forecast and wishes).    (04)

On Jul 24, 2013, at 1:42 PM, Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> wrote:    (05)