Re: [ontolog-forum] RDF and XML

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Chris Mungall <cjmungall@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 20:23:31 -0700

Maybe the question should be can semantic web technologies be brought into the
fold of CL?    (01)

Advantages/disadvantages: CL is more expressive than RDF or OWL. RDF and OWL
currently have more libraries, tools, support, mindshare, persistent stores,
etc than CL. What's more important for your application? As far as
interoperability is concerned there's well-defined mappings between these
languages.    (02)

As CL is already an ISO standard I'm not sure what the advantages of
championing it through the W3C process would be. If you are interested in
participating in the CL 2.0 process there is a mailing list -
http://philebus.tamu.edu/mailman/listinfo/cl    (03)

On Jun 21, 2013, at 6:14 PM, Michel Dumontier wrote:    (04)