Re: [ontolog-forum] RDF and XML

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ray Martin <marsaviator@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 22:04:51 -0400
Mr. Sowa,    (01)

Would you be so kind as to express your displeasure with RDF in just as few of
implement bullets as you would, please. Why are "RDF formats" wrong for the
working Ontologist?    (02)

Secondly, can you briefly express how you are able to embrace *ML for a data
representation when in many cases the data is a byte or two, but the tag is
ten, twenty, or worst?    (03)

Even if there is little value in RDF, is it true or false that the inferencing
capability from SPARQL allows for a combined tell-and-ask system that has value?    (04)

Finally, what is the comparable query mechanism for *ML as SPARQL for RDF,
RDFS-plus, and OWL?    (05)

Oops,that causes yet one further question. Allemang and Hendler's book,
Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist, speaks of RDFS-plus. I am still
working to understand, but what is your take on RDFS-plus as they express it?    (06)

Thank you kindly,
Ray    (07)

On Jun 20, 2013, at 6:13 PM, John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (08)