Re: [ontolog-forum] Consensus on labeling of relationships?

To: pcmurray2000@xxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ali H <asaegyn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 18:05:57 -0400
In a more humorous vein, this thread reminded me of this post:

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Phil Murray <pcmurray2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And a closely related question: Why English?

[Martha Rosler] "Our diagnosticians note but may not quite understand that global English is a necessarily simplified language, most useful for communicating simple ideas and instructions. Below the guild secrecy of restricted linguistic codes is the lexicon I referred to earlier, the one tailored to develop the subject position of controlled employees and others.13 A reduced vocabulary is used to communicate instructions, and nowadays these instructions are likely to be in English. No surprise that in the present conjuncture, a simplified international English has been developed as an instrumentalized language meant to enable non-native speakers or relatively uneducated or even just young people to understand and perhaps follow simple instructions."

On a more serious note, it also has tidbits on Simplified English which may have useful implications for some CNL implementations.