Re: [ontolog-forum] Consensus on labeling of relationships?

To: "pcmurray2000@xxxxxxxxx" <pcmurray2000@xxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "doug@xxxxxxxxxx" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 17:23:22 +0000
I suggest you use a vocabulary that is mapped to the ontology. That vocabulary
can be in any language. And more simply, for OWL ontologies, you could import
SKOS and use altLabel and "type" the label by language.     (01)

In principle, ontologies are not bound to any language except logic (and the KR
language the logic is expressed in). An IRI (like a gensymed identifier) could
suffice as a class/property label. The OBO ontologies are like that.
Personally, I don't like that, i.e., using IRIs as the displayed label.     (02)

Thanks,
Leo    (03)