Re: [ontolog-forum] Birth of a Word - was Compound nouns

To: <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 14:43:55 -0700
I came across a TED talk "Birth of a Word" in
which Deb X has cameras mounted all over his home.
He (and MIT Media Lab) watches his son learn to
talk, and they have developed interesting and
novel ways to track the social interactions
leading to word development in the son.  It
provides some very interesting views of
communication in situ, for the home, then for
media broadcasts, then for social media
reflections of broadcast events such as the state
of the union talk.  I highly recommend ontologists
watch this talk because it can give us new
thoughts about how to represent knowledge and
relate that knowledge to vocabulary:    (01)

http://www.ted.com/talks/deb_roy_the_birth_of_a_wo
rd.html    (02)

-Rich    (03)

Sincerely,