Re: [ontolog-forum] Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Steven Ericsson-Zenith <steven@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:19:01 -0800

I think you miss my point and make my case. :-) I would certainly not direct an engineer into one of these methods - but rather eliminate their concern for the issue. If you call out any particular method for parallel decomposition or "message passing" you will preoccupy the engineer with performance semantics.

Better to eliminate the ideas entirely from high level languages designed to solve real problems since they are not necessary and contribute nothing algorithmically.  Ideally, programmers need not be concerned about mapping their solution to a machine.

But to solve this problem well requires a combined and coordinated effort between software and hardware layers. The solution requires that the two be designed as one with the long term in mind.

Regards,
Steven