Re: [ontolog-forum] Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Steven Ericsson-Zenith <steven@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 20:10:48 -0800

Thank you for the papers. My immediate response to them is that they are a
kitchen sink of well-known and not always relevant ideas.     (01)

There are just a few basic questions to answer to simplify this problem.
Principal among these is, in fact, a decision problem. It is the problem of
making responsive decisions across large-scale structures - something that
biophysics does for a low regular power requirement at any scale (it's not free
but it is essentially constant for any scale) versus energy requirements that
scale by some factor as the problem scales in current computing hardware.     (02)

A nice example of this can be seen in any Exascale proposal of the past few
years.    (03)

The related problem I call the "general recognition problem." By which I am
referring to the capacity of biology to recognize complex inputs quickly and at
low power, i.e., biology recognizes more effectively and efficiently than
computers read a 64 bit word.    (04)

Solve these fundamental problems and the rest will follow.    (05)

Regards,
Steven    (06)

On Feb 23, 2013, at 6:43 PM, "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (07)