Re: [ontolog-forum] Knowledge graphs by Google and Facebook

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 08:37:59 +0000
I am sure there is a really good reason why none of the experts on this thread
have mentioned the "NULL' value in RDBMS practice, but for the life of me I
cannot guess it.  It's simply not true that "not found" must mean "not exists"
in RDBMS (nor SQL) -- NULL can be set as an explicit or default value ... the
meaning of which is more akin to "not yet specified (and therefore not yet
known, one way or the other)".  That seems more OWA than CWA, if I am following
you good people correctly.    (01)

Cheers,
BobN    (02)