Re: [ontolog-forum] [SMW-devel] [News] Google, Microsoft, Facebook And O

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 21:52:34 -0400
On 10/13/2012 12:44 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Why are you putting all the products in one bucket?    (01)

I'm most definitely not doing that.  I'm trying to *increase* the number
of buckets.  That's why I was enthusiastic about Tim's original proposal
for the Semantic Web.  He emphasized interoperability, diversity, and
heterogeneity.  He also said that you have to support all the old
systems and the new systems.    (02)

My major complaint about the DAML project is that they narrowed Tim's
vision down to a teeny, tiny little bucket.  I have always said that
you have to increase the range of systems that you support, not narrow
them down.    (03)