Re: [ontolog-forum] Universal Basic Semantic Structures

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:45:21 -0400
Wm,    (01)

What happened to the universal called "undetermined". I thought that was
the place where things were put that could not be classified.    (02)

It seems that without "undetermined" you get into an ontological bind.
It may be that some entity can be identified by some property or
attribute, but not sufficiently to classify it properly until new
methods are acquired.    (03)

That give the tyro explorer time to ask "Mom, what is this?" Once she
provides additional data the classification can be completed.    (04)

-John Bottoms
  FirstStar Systems
  Concord, MA USA    (05)