Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:49:45 -0400
On 5/28/2012 8:30 AM, Mike Pool wrote:
> He also summarily lumps Hayek in the same paragraph with __Rand__.  That
> is also a surprise to me.  Too bad the article is so short.  I would
> like to have understood his objection to Hayek as well.    (01)

Chomsky's primary objection to them is the same as anybody else in the
middle class:  self interest.    (02)

Anybody who has a small business knows that the biggest enemy of small
business is *not* the government.  It's big business.  The regulations
that hurt small business were *not* written by government, they were
written by lobbyists for big business who want to stamp out the competition.    (03)

Don't think of Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany as governments.  They were
oligarchies run by big bussinesses that stamp out all competition.  Note
that they achieved the goal of all corporations -- give the stockholdera
as little information as possible about what management is doing.    (04)

That's the primary blindness in Rand and Hayek -- also Ron Paul, who
blindly admires both.    (05)

In comparison to Ron Paul, I am a *true* Libertarian.  I want freedom
from big corporations who stick their hand in my wallet and my personal
life at every turn.    (06)