Re: [ontolog-forum] metaphysis, semantics and the research program of on

To: "'Pat Hayes'" <phayes@xxxxxxx>, "'Chris Menzel'" <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'[ontolog-forum]'" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:09:23 -0700
Dear Pat,    (01)

You are too sensitive; I didn't put Chris "in his
place", or call professors "ivory tower gits".
Your insecurities are revealed by your response.      (02)

In fact, I have also been a professor of computer
science at Washington University in Saint Louis,
as well as at California State.  I don't have
anything against professors; some of my best
friends profess.      (03)

You need to understand that the development and
deployment of systems is just enormously more
complicated than what you learn and teach in
school.  That doesn't make it better; it only
makes it different.  Don't be so easily rattled,
Pat.     (04)

-Rich    (05)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper