Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology: Emotions in animals

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ken Laskey <klaskey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 19:05:02 -0500

It is easy to point to examples where intervention seems to cause more problems than we suspect would have happened by leaving the system to sort itself out.  However, I’m sure we could come up with numerous other examples where action was needed and what we believe would have been a worse situation was averted by those actions.  Some are fairly clear cut; others are the grist for historians.

Unfortunately, our what-if scenarios don’t really tell us whether what in hindsight looks like success or a disaster would, in fact, have a better outcome if different action/inaction occurred.

Ken

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508