Re: [ontolog-forum] Why most classifications are fuzzy

To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 18:12:32 +0100
Very good point. What's in the vault (or on a record at the
custodian) is just a record of the contract. In fact it would be
more correct to say that what's real is the rights and
obligations defined in the contract, with the contract itself
merely an instrument for these. And of course there are contracts
implicit in transactions, which may or may not be formalised
later by a written contract in some form.    (01)

Mike    (02)

On 07/07/2011 18:01, Chris Partridge wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Is the paper in the vault the contract - or the record of the contract?
> So, for example, if you destroy the paper, does the law say you have
> destroyed the contract?
>
> Chris

Registered in England and Wales No. 2461068    (04)