Re: [ontolog-forum] Why most classifications are fuzzy

To: "mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Cory Casanave <cory-c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 16:35:19 -0400
Chris,
Re: So, for example, if you destroy the paper, does the law say you have
destroyed the contract?
No (personal experience - Hurricane Andrew)
The paper is evidence (and a record) of the contract, an agreement between
parties.  Other evidence may be binding.
IMHO Trying to find spatial/temporal foundations for all concepts confuses the
categorizations.    (01)

John,
In relation to your overall causing of trouble - what is the consequence of
this conclusion?  In particular how does it impact our ability to understand or
relate information and/or the world?    (02)

If I were to have a category "Pretty Woman", it seems clear that the set
described by this category is subjective (for both the term "pretty" and
"Woman").  Yet, it is a common category used every day.  What can we say about
this category of categories Vs those that can be quantified?    (03)

-Cory    (04)