Re: [ontolog-forum] Need advice - Request a quick opinion on ontology la

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 16:49:01 -0400
On 5/25/11 4:25 PM, John F. Sowa wrote:
> That is just a difference in terminology.  Guha had been the associate
> director at Cyc, where represented triples in Lisp:  (A B C).
>
> Later, he was working at Apple, where he used triples for a notation
> he called Metacontent Facility (MCF).  Then he worked with Tim Bray,
> who defined an XML notation for MCF.  Later they changed the name
> to RDF to avoid the association with Apple.
John,    (01)

Continuing from my last post, here are some links to old posts of mine
re.,  item above:    (02)

1.
http://www.openlinksw.com/dataspace/kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/weblog/kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx%27s%20BLOG%20%5B127%5D/1524    (03)

-- Response to: What is Web 3.0 and Why Should I Care?    (04)

2.
http://www.openlinksw.com/weblog/public/search.vspx?blogid=127&q=eav&type=text&output=html    (05)

-- Collection of posts where I seek to distinguish basic triples
patterns with URI from RDF narrative overeach etc..    (06)

I am a strong opponent of the Linked Data == RDF meme. This anomaly is
tantamount to attempting to carve out an island (by hand) from the vast
continent we know as the computer science continuum.    (07)

Using Links as a mechanism for whole data representation via
de-referenacable URIs i.e., enabling application of the old Linked Data
Structures at InterWeb scales is at best orthogonally related to RDF.    (08)

Regards,    (010)

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software