Re: [ontolog-forum] Terminologies and Ontologies

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:05:24 +0300
John,
We are largely in accord.
I still believe in possibility of formulating some combination from:
"An ontology is a theory about what exists in some domain."
"Ontology is a description of the world. A formal ontology is a formal
theory/account/model/specification of the world."
Something like: "Ontology is a general theory about the world, its domains,
entities and relationships." "A formal ontology is a formal theory of the
world, its domains, entities and relationships."
Some comments below.