Re: [ontolog-forum] More on Watson

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:50:07 +0000 (GMT)
Re: "Ron Wheeler" Not sure what you are asking here.    (01)

FK: I am trying harder this time with more questions
1. Has Watson intgrated domain ontologies through an uper ontology?
2. If it has, would that upper ontology be shared among domain ontologies to
restructure their own ontologies in order to have more efficient search time
and
storage strategy?
3. Have they realised why high quality translating NLs  is not possible with
statistical and rule based models? Why the concept of "mechanical translation"
was wrong from the very start?
I am still asking    (02)

     (03)

On 21/02/2011 1:18 PM, FERENC KOVACS wrote:
> Having heard those interesting comments and queries about the future use of
> computing and ontologies, I canot resist to pob a question I asked some
> five years ago.
> Does this world (of scientists, financiers and the lay public) want to share
> knowledge (representations) or want to distribute them under a monopolised
> system of access and exploitation (application)?
Some one way, some the other.
> Subject to the prospective answers, what would be the net effect of an assumed
> solution (e.g. "Watson" upgraded and individually acquired in the heads or the
> people rather than in their handheld gadgets) and the chance for breaking it
> the rest of the world? Would the man/agency be persecuted, heralded, penalized
> or rewarded? In what proportions?
Not sure what you are asking here.    (04)

IBM is going to make Watson a product or at least the basis of solutions
in all sorts of areas from Healthcare to Defence to Finance.    (05)

> Regards,
> Ferenc
>

> Attention is the weakest, but a minimum form of connecting

Regards,
Ferenc    (08)

Attention is the weakest, but a minimum form of connecting    (09)